Online Reputation Repair & Monitoring
Online reputation Monitoring, or ORM, also known as Online Reputation Management is the practice of consistent research and analysis of one’s personal or professional, business or industry reputation as represented by the content across all types of online media. It is put into use by interpreting and reacting to consumer-generated opinions and perceptions towards a business while making adjustments in marketing campaigns and practices accordingly. ORM has become an essential tool for business leaders by the explosion of online social networking, blogging, and forums that make information abundantly available pertaining to consumer perception.
Successful organizations are aware of the importance of reputation. A positive reputation brings trust, confidence, and sales, which are ultimately reflected in revenue growth and profitability. A bad reputation can lead to a decrease in consumer confidence, and, in turn, a reduction in revenue and profits. Successful ORM employs many tactics of information gathering, interpretation, and implementation. There is a wide range of benefits from Online Reputation Management. They include, but are not limited to:
- Improve customer satisfaction by gaining insights from consumers about what is good and bad about their product or services.
- Increase perceptions of brand by creating opportunities to listen to and engage consumers.
- Gain insights about competitors and their customers’ perceptions about their products and services.
- Engage in more effective public relations by understanding who the real influencers are.
- Gain understanding of the relationship between user generated content and traditional forms of online media, e.g. news, print, etc.
- Provide early warning systems for reactive and defensive PR.
- Reduce marketing spend by learning how to reach out to customers more cheaply.
- Reduce internal costs by employing services which save time and effort, as well as money.
Avenues of Inbound Marketing available but not limited to: