Cybersecurity and digital marketing are not things most digital marketers like to talk about with their clients. Having worked with a number of different clients from apparel to security brands it has never ceased to amaze me how there is a major lack of security protocol when it comes to who has access to what information. I have been given access to social media accounts of international brands who have admin access to employees or agencies that are no longer associated with the company.
As an agency we have made it a practice each quarter we got through and remove ourselves from accounts of clients we are no longer working with. They just forgot to remove us, or had not protocol on what to do when someone new took over the account.
As a digital marketer cybersecurity should be one of your top priorities. Your job often involves the collection and storage of sensitive client information such as personal data, financial information and login credentials. As a digital marketer, it is important to keep your clients’ accounts secure to protect them from cyber threats such as hacking, phishing, and identity theft. Even if they don’t seem to care.
Here are a few ways to keep your clients’ accounts secure:
- Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication: Encourage your clients to use strong passwords and two-factor authentication to protect their accounts from hackers. This will make it more difficult for unauthorized parties to gain access to their accounts.
- Regularly update software: Ensure that your clients’ software and apps are kept up to date, as updates often include important security patches.
- Educate your clients: Provide your clients with information on how to protect their accounts from cyber threats, such as spotting and avoiding phishing scams, and the importance of keeping their personal information private.
- Use encryption: Use encryption to protect sensitive data when it’s stored and transmitted.
- Conduct regular security audits: Regularly conduct security audits to identify and address vulnerabilities in your clients’ accounts.
- Have a security incident response plan: Have a plan in place to respond to a security incident, such as a data breach, quickly and effectively.
By keeping your clients’ accounts secure, you are not only protecting them from cyber threats but also building trust and credibility with them. In today’s digital age, cybersecurity is essential for any business. As a digital marketer, it’s important to prioritize the security of your clients’ accounts and protect their sensitive information from cybercriminals.
More on growth marketing:
- Human vs AI: The SEO Debate: How to Make AI-Generated Content More Human-Like for Better Results
- Staying Ahead of the Game: Top 10 B2B Digital Marketing Trends for 2023
- How ChatGPT is transforming SEO: what you should be aware of
- The Power of FAQs: How to Boost Your SEO and Improve User Experience with Frequently Asked Questions