Voice search is becoming increasingly important for SEO as more and more people are using voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home to search for information online.
If you are not actively thinking about voice search as you create content for SEO you are missing out.
10 reasons why voice search is important for SEO:
- Natural language queries: Voice search queries tend to be in the form of natural language questions, rather than typed keywords. This means that SEO efforts need to focus on including long-tail keywords and natural language phrases in website content, blog posts, and product listings.
- Featured snippets: When a user makes a voice search query, the voice assistant often reads out the answer from a featured snippet. This means that it’s important for a website to rank well for the relevant queries and have a well-optimized content to increase chances of being featured.
- Local SEO: Voice search is often used to find local businesses, so it’s important for companies to optimize their local SEO, by claiming their Google My Business listing, and including location-specific keywords in their website content.
- Mobile-friendly: Voice search is often done on mobile devices, so it’s important for a website to be mobile-friendly and easily accessible on a mobile device.
- Schema markup: Using schema markup on a website can help search engines understand the content of a page and provide more accurate results to voice search queries.
- Speed: Voice search results are often returned quickly, so it’s important for a website to load quickly in order to be included in the results. Optimizing for speed can be done by compressing images, minifying code, and using a content delivery network (CDN).
- Conversational Content: Voice search queries tend to be more conversational in nature, so it’s important for the website content to be written in a conversational tone and address common questions in a natural way.
- Structured Data: Voice search results are often pulled from structured data like FAQ pages and How-to guides, so it’s important to make sure your website has structured data markup in place.
- Featured Snippets: As I’ve mentioned before, featured snippets are often used in voice search results, so it’s important to focus on creating high-quality content that can be easily read and understood, and that answers the user’s question in a concise and clear way.
- Auditing your site: You can use tools like Google’s Search Console or SEMrush to audit your website and identify areas where you can improve your optimization for voice search.
As voice search continues to grow in popularity, it’s important for companies to optimize their websites for voice search to increase their visibility and reach potential customers. Optimizing for voice search requires considering a different set of factors than traditional text-based search and requires a different approach to content.
Voice search is becoming an increasingly important aspect of SEO as more and more people are using voice assistants to search for information online. As the trend of voice search continues to grow, it’s important for companies to stay informed and adapt their SEO strategies accordingly.